Real Tennis free taster sessions!
You may have seen something about Real Tennis in the media recently, especially about the visit of HRH Prince Edward to play at the Newmarket Club on May 10th.
We understand that people would like to know more about the sport, and maybe try it out, and so we are arranging some “taster sessions”.
Who is it for?
- These sessions are open to people of any age (we have people over 80 still playing) but anybody under 16 would need to be accompanied by an adult.
- It is for everybody regardless of your current participation in any sports (or none), but may be of particular interest to players of lawn tennis and squash (both of which were derived from Real Tennis)
What will happen?
The “taster session” will be led by our club professional, Andrew Knibbs, most of the time will be spent "on the court" and will include:
- A bit of history of the sport (Henry VIII played it)
- Description of the Court (may seem a strange shape)
- Holding the racket and hitting the ball (its heavier than a lawn tennis ball)
- Basic play and rules
- There might be a demonstration by a couple of our regular players
When will it take place?
The first two sessions will be held at the club on:
- Friday 25th May from 6.30pm to 7.30pm & Monday 4th June from 6pm to 7.30 pm.
- Ideally you should come for all that time but don’t worry if you might arrive late or need to leave early.
What should I wear?
- For these evenings you can wear normal clothes but should bring trainers/tennis shoes to move about, and protect, the court.
How much will it cost?
- These “taster evenings” are free!
How do I let you know I’d like to come along?
Please let us know if you are interested by completing the form below - even if you can’t make it on those dates – depending on interest we will organise other sessions.